Live??????????????

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by jester45, Sep 17, 2006.

1. jester45

jester45 Big Geek wanna be

i have a few friends that have live and want me to get it but i dont know if my dsl is cable of that i looked on microsoft.com and found nothing then googled it and found someone saying that you need 4kb/s per person then +1kb/s for speach

well i have 16kb/s up that means i can only have 3 people in the game but i think that guy was only talking about hosting a game im not sure what is with live and being host or not if anyone know or has better googleing power please tell me how much you need to join a halo2 game with about 5 poeple in it and if it makes a diffrence in host/not hosting

2. roy92

roy92 CSS HAXOR

if you're joining a game, 256k DOWNLOAD is the lowest i would recommend. As for your UPLOAD, 16k will not work well if you're hosting a game. If you want to host a game, u should consider getting 512k upload. So remember, Download=joining, upload=hosting.

You would be better off, just joining a game, so u dont need to worry bout extra upload. if you're joining a game, you also dont need to worry bout how much people can join, coz thats the servers problem.

No there is no difference, only maybe you can have your friends come play with ya, no one else.

hope this helps

3. jester45

jester45 Big Geek wanna be

i would like to host but the only reason for me to host is to have my friends play but then they can host

i have 258k download how may could be in the game will it lag at all with 4 players i need i have 4 or less so if i lag on 4 i dont want to get it