Login Weirdness (Windows XP)

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by Temporal, Oct 19, 2003.

1. Temporal

Temporal Geek Trainee

Alright, like 2 days ago everytime I turned on my comp it would go to the login where you would click on your picture or whatever. But yesterday, when I started loging off it would start going to the classic windows login deal. I went into the user options thing and everything looked fine but it still goes to the classic prompt... any suggestions on how to fix this?
    ~Temporal~

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I think you might be using some kind of program to do your tweaks for the system? from what I can remember there was a option to FORCE the classic windows login? in some tweak programs?

3. Temporal

Temporal Geek Trainee

Nah, I'm not useing any tweak programs... And, I haven;t really changed anything from the day before yesterday to yesterday. That is why it is so weird.
    ~Temporal~

4. Sniper

thats strange!!! is the "Use The Welcome Screen" option ticked? from what I have read it is? right?

5. Temporal

Temporal Geek Trainee

Exactly, that's what I thought. I've tried unchecking and rechecking that box, I've tried restarting... it is very strange...
    ~Temporal~

6. Sniper

rather than just restarting, have you tried to turn off, then turn on the computer, today my mouse and keyboard were acking up weird, even after restarting, but on off/on everything went back to normal...

7. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

When you see the login menu, try ctrl+alt+del, maybe the menu will change.

In Win XP, if you wanna log as the admin, that's what you have to do, so maybe it'll work.

8. Temporal

Temporal Geek Trainee

Lol, that is crazy... What happens different if you actually turn it off then on rather than restarting? Because this actually worked. I wonder why?
    ~Temporal~

9. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

The main thing is that the RAM is emptied when you turn it off completely. Because RAM loses its information whenever power is not supplied to it, as you may already know.

Maybe something in the RAM caused your login menu to be messed up.

That's a wild guess.

10. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Windows XP is always doing crazy, unexplained things like that. :( That's exactly why all my machines run NT5 or 'nux. :) But if you come across weird stuff like that in the future, try some free tweak tools like X-Teq Setup, found here: www.xteq.com. Happy XP'ing.

11. Sniper

ok I found out the real cause of my problem I had, the wire inside my keyboard is damaged so when you move the keyboard around it stops the mouse/computer working, dam!!!!! thinking back cuz of that i lost my 36 days uptime on XP Pro, lol.