Logitech Z-2300 2.1 Speaker setup!

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by BoBBYI986, Mar 20, 2009.

1. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hey guys just wondering what you guys think of these speakers, I thinkin of buyin a set, i personally like phat bass, my car is loaded with subs and amps, so gotta get a big sub for my pc. do any of you guys even own this setup? and if so whats it sound like? is it worth getting? wts the sub like does it have alot of bass? i know its 200w rms which is not bad for a pc lol. will this just plug into my onboard sound ports on my I/O plate? im not really a pc speaker guru so wouldn't know.

cheers bobby

Logitech Z-2300 PC Speaker reviews - CNET Reviews

2. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

I have the z5500's and love them, can't vouch for the 2.1 sets personally though.

Don't buy them for ebuyer though, i had to send mine back 5 times in total (their incompetent technicians really - not Logitech's fault)

3. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

hey, im liking the Z5500's, sorry dude but I gotta copy you when it comes to speaker system lol. £200 though fair bit of cash, need to save up if im gonna get that set.

what do you think of the sound quality? is there better speaker systems than the Z5500 on the market at the moment?

4. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

I think the sound quality vs the price you can't do any better - but they havent updated the design in a looong time (as they are still selling well) - you can see this in the plastic-y remote but overall it's a pretty sweet setup.

I have them up on my ceiling giving surround for my projector set-up - most people comment on the quality of the bass from the system and completely ignore the 92'' bloody screen that fell and gave me a black eye as I was installing it! grrr

5. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I gotta agree with Ferg. It's hard to find a better speaker system than the Z5500 around at the moment :)

6. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

ok fellas thanks for your help, i will be upgrading to the Z5500's. lol ferg, bet that hurt.

7. HardwareAffair

HardwareAffair Geek Trainee

Good choice, go with the Z5500s. I have a set of Klipsch Promedia 2.1s and they work well, but they don't give out the bass you're looking to find. One of my friends had the Z2300s and they kicked out a lot more on the low end than my Promedias, but at the same time their sound quality was kind of muddy. Pickup the Z5500s and you'll be happy. The next step would be some home theatre equipment, or if you just want to annoy the neighbours, hookup your car subs and amps to another computer power supply.

8. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

hey, thanks man yea i will defo be going for the Z-5500's, I would like to hook up my car amplifier etc, but the police have already give me a warning for makin to much noise in the area, neighbours reporting me :dry:
    I don't care if they kick off when i get this new system in my house. Atleast im in my house not outside in my car.

9. HardwareAffair

10. HardwareAffair