Looking for a cheap Monochrome Laser Printer

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by Euro98ITR, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Euro98ITR

Euro98ITR Big Geek

Im on the market for a new monochrome laserprinter. I dont know anything about these. This is going to be for home use nothing specific. My nearest computer store has the following Canon LBP2900 Laser Printer and HP LaserJet 1022 Laser Printer. The HP is just a little bit more expensive the the Canon.

Anyone suggestions or any other particular model I should look for ?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Samsung has some pretty inexpensive monochrome lasers for around $100. They're the ML series, and are supposed to be pretty good, especially considering the money.

3. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

A cheap printer will be expensive for the long run because the cost per page is higher in the cheap printers. Sometimes, you can notice the quality differences as well. Try some HP ones(worlds number 1 company in printers.)

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I bought the Samsung 1750 before I started uni, this year I will be in my last year (3 year course) and I'm still on my first replacement toner :)

Though it did have to be replaced last year because it started to overheat but I think that might have been my fault.

I think the printer can be had for around £50 to £90 with the replacement toner around £40 I think.

5. Addis

Addis The King

Thanks Sniper, I just might buy that. I've been looking for a cheap laser printer since my ancient inkjet died a while ago.

Looking into refills for uber cheapness (I know, I'm stingy).