Looking for a good scanner to scan old pictures

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by Becky, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Becky

Becky Geek Trainee

I am shopping for a scanner to use to scan 100's of old pictures. I have an old HP 750 all in one, but it errors often when scanning, about one time out of every three scans. Also, it takes a long time to scan each picture.
    I noticed some of the scanners can scan multiple pictures in one scan and then save each individual picture as a separate file. This feature should save me a lot time, but I would like it to scan quickly also.
    I looked at HP Scanjet G4010 Photo Scanner and HP Scanjet G4050 Photo Scanner. I could not see any difference except the weight and price. These both include software for correcting pictures. The customer ratings for these are only 2.3 and 3.4 which doesn't seem very high to me.
    Does anyone have experience with scanners used specifically to scan old pictures of various sizes?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, first, you should take a look at what issues people have with said device. Some people really nitpick a product for things it doesn't have in that class (the equivalent to dinging a Yugo for not having a V8 engine and heated seats or integrated GPS functionality), or give glowing reviews and think that 1 is best.

3. Becky

Becky Geek Trainee

I purchased the CanoScan 8800 already and I love it. It works great. You confirmed that I made a good purchase. Thanks for your advice.