Looking for drivers for NVRemote model UR88A

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by principor, May 5, 2005.

1. principor

principor Geek Trainee

I bought the GeForce FX 5600 personal cinema from Chaintech a few months ago but I have misplaced my driver disk and can't seem to find drivers anywhere for the USB Reciever/NVRemote control that comes with it. I found the actual display/tv tuner drivers, but nothing for the remote.

Does anyone know where to find drivers or even how to go about getting a replacement disk from Nvidia?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's a good question. I've checked Chaintech's site, and I can't find a download for it. The first thing I can come up with would be to get ahold of Chaintech themselves---particularly the branch in your country---and see if they can get you a new driver disc. I don't think nVidia is sending out drivers for this stuff, but I could be wrong.

3. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

yea, tho chaintech isn't known for uh outstanding technical support, i agree wit big b

4. principor

principor Geek Trainee

I'll give that a try. Thanks guys,

-R

5. dsach

dsach Geek Trainee

Sorry for reanimating this old thread... just thought I may contribute something here.

I used the Active Home SDK from the actual remote control manufacturer to create a program that allows you to define actions in an .ahk script.

The script bases on Autohotkey, a very simple scripting language. Alphabetical Command List for AutoHotkey. It does not need to be installed, anyway.

You can easily configure all keys like this:

Code:
    if key=Pause
    	Send, {CTRLDOWN}p{CTRLUP}

if key=A
    	run, notepad.exe

etc...
    All ~54 keys are functional. However, you will have to assign them to commands yourself first.

Before it works, you have to install the AHSDK (included). Then edit the .ahk script and run the NVRemote.exe.

Sourcecode, original Nvidia software (not needed), drivers are included. Tested on XP.

Maybe this will be helpful for someone.

File-Upload.net - NVRemote_AHK.rar
    kostenlos Dateien hochladen bei File Upload X
    2shared - download NVRemote_AHK.rar
    NVRemote_AHK.rar
    Message me when not available anymore.

6. dsach

dsach Geek Trainee