Love

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Swansen, Oct 2, 2006.

1. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Wow, so that's the meaning of this expression, which I've seen quoted before: "Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone." (I don't know where it's from) I didn't understand it before, but you just made the meaning strike me.

-

And Karan, that really sucks, man. Hope u're alright.

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I m trying to make myself busy with others so that I come over this sadness...
    Its only her who bring me upto this level...who make me able to stand on my feet. She is the reason I m working today. I am still trying to contact her.. I still belive that I will get her back ..

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The more heavily attached you were, the longer it's going to take to get over it. It's just going to take time, and as much as it sucks, it's natural. If something that close to you is severed, there will be pain. It's not just a simple drop it and move on.

4. Karanislove

Exactly.... You know, as long as I m in front of somebody, its fine but if I just sit alone for a moment....I just cant stop myself crying. Also, there are lots of confusions going in my mind at the moment just because she didnt gave me any reason....

5. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Karan i feel exactly the same way

6. Karanislove

Is there anybody, who's story is going perfectly and who has got married with his love and living happily? Anybody?

7. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

yeah i would like to hear that to. I'm sure Karan feels the same way but had my girlfriend and i gotten married and had she gotten over with whatever was going on at the time or whatever, i feel like i would have been really happy, and for the rest of my life, i would have been in love.

8. Karanislove

Thats true but did u ever thought like this.... The girl you loved this much didnt even thought about ur feelings second time while saying that I wants to end this now.... Or you think like.. She has givin me the best feelings in the world...Feeling of Love. Which u cant expect from anyone else...

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I know AT is married, and that seems to be working out well for him. My little bro got married a couple of months back, and so far, I haven't heard of him getting into hot water or getting kicked to the couch by my sis-in-law. It just might be that people get married later now...or that we're just geeks. I've found out quite a few people have had broken engagements, and that's been helpful to me. You're not going to find someone who's always perfect, but a partner for life is going to have to mesh with you and work with you. There are differences because of the gender-specific hormones and thinking, but some things, particularly in beliefs, have to be compatible. Maybe not point for point, but the more compatible you are in terms of thinking and beliefs, the easier it will be. What hobbies, music, cuisine, movies, styles you have are helpful, but if, at the deepest level, you're not in sync, the relationship is going to be a lot harder.
    Of course, both parties have to want to be in the relationship and committed to it. I know guys get tagged for this, but it does happen with the ladies.

10. Karanislove

U r right... and we can just hope for a better life. Thats it!
    Anyhow, I cant trust/love any girl after her anymore....

11. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Seriously Big B you have to have like a know all answer guide of dvd some where and your not telling us. Yeah my relationship was going unbelievably well for 2 and a half years and then out of know where it just ended one night. its a long story and i guess i can tell if you want but i feel mixed. I'm really glad that i know i can feel that way because i honestly didn't think that i was ever going to be happy or find what i want in life, but i know now. On the other hand there isn't anything i've gained from that relationship that outweighs how i felt afterwords and how i feel most of the time, not to mention how much my life has gotten messed up because of something in realitly not that big. Its dumb

12. Karanislove

I thought a lot about it and now I've got one solution for me. If she didnt cared about my feelings while saying all this then why should I care about her? If she doesnt wants to take it further...then sweet! its her decision and I am not gonna force her to come back again coz that will never bring the same feelings between us and if she loves me then she will come back by herself...

@ Swansen - I would like to suggest you also that hook up some girls and have fun with them. I know its hard to forget the first love but by doing this you will never say in the future that u spoiled your best stage of your life due to one girl who left you.... Life will not rotate again....Enjoy it as much as you can..

13. Fred

Fred Moderator

Yeah, AT is married and has a little two year old daughter (I think she might be a bit older than two now). He's been with his wife for like 7 years or so.. Been married a couple, I think. Have hope, fellow geeks! :p

14. Karanislove

Check out this [link=http://www.funtoosh.com?dj.php?details=A11~403]Love from a Man's perspective[/link]

15. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that nobody is keeping score. And if "they" are, well, that says something about them, doesn't it? And as for the relationship partners who're looking for the bigger, better deal? Guess what: they're wrong for you anyway. It may seem like sour grapes, but what kind of person ditches you over something trivial? And if the reason wasn't trivial, well, I think that should speak for itself.

I've had a lot of failed relationships and been heartbroken from time to time. There is nothing quite like that crushing feeling, something like a wine press on your whole being. But as Nietzsche so famously penned, "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." That may sound pretty ****ing cliche when you feel like you've had your guts stomped out, but it can be true (though it may not feel as such). Surviving through the wrong relationships can equip you not to screw up the right ones. That means knowing what to expect to some extent, and learning a bunch about yourself in the process -- what you need, what makes you tick, and how you show love to others. (Yes, people show love differently and want to be shown love differently. We're not all that different, but we're not all the same either).

If this perspective is helpful for anyone, my wife and I have been together for over 10 years now, and married for 3. We were friends before we got serious, though there was always a mutual attraction. But right from the get-go, I had come out of some badly failed relationships, so we had quite a serious discussion early on in our relationship to define what each of us expected of it. I was amazed to discover that her "requirements", for lack of a better word, lined up something close to perfectly with my own, and I think she felt something similar. One of the more generic details which might help you out is that we agreed never to do the whole "break up, get back together" drama bullshit that so many young couples do. It trivializes your relationship and, worse still, trivializes eachother as people. As such, we made an unoffical but firm covenant that if we broke up, it'd be a finality. As a result, we took each of the inevitable arguments, the hurt feelings, and hurt pride which would ensue with a proverbial grain of salt. Was it worth destroying what we had over a minor dispute? Was it worth wrecking our love for eachother by escalating petty issues to major ones? It really makes you think about how you will react next, even in the heat of emotion, when you realize a bit of the gravity of the situation.

They say you never know what you have until you lose it. That's certainly true in relationships, be it for better or worse. So I exhort you, fellow forum geeks and all-around decent human beings, to find out what is important and what is trivial, and then treat each with the appropriate portion of your attentions. And as you learn and grow, which is what good human beings do, you'll find out that some things you thought were crucial were merely icing on the cake. Conversely, some things which are cast aside by many are the things we should strive for and dedicate ourselves to. It seems part of living is figuring out which is which.

16. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Anti-Trend that was a really good post,i actually saved it, but i'm not an ungly guy or anything and most people sees to like me, its just i really can't see myself getting a girlfriend any time soon or even ever. Maybe it will just happen, hopefully it will, the last couple days i've finally gotten myself together and i started doing homework again. Yeah AT that was helpful, it helps to have a really solid perspective from some one else. Yeah i wish i could just call up some people and be like yes we should go have some lunch, but i don't have that luxury. Well it is good to see at least that you Karan have gotten over this so quickly thats good, i applaud you

17. Karanislove

Well Said AT :good:..
    Actually I havnt gotten over anything.. Its just what I've decided but whenever I sits alone like you said.. Can't just neglect thinking about her...

18. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

yeah so i had this party tonigh and then all of a sudden i started thinking about my ex and it just really messed me up again, seriously like i thought i was to the point were i could start to be getting over her, not counting i got stood up tonight but i dunno. i know i shouldn't just be ranting but i don't know. Yeah so i knew shes's been having this boyfriend or dating this guy for awhile, and it just really hit me that she is now gone, like really she's gone now. This really sucks.

19. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yeah, you'll have that. It should get less frequent as time goes on. I still get a hit of my ex every now and then, but at this point, I've got other things to do than stay depressed. I'm moving on and keeping a few things I've learned over this in the back of my head.

20. Karanislove

Thats what I was trying to say that enjoy your life. As you can see that she is enjoying her life and not even thinking about you then why you bothering about her. I would say you shouldnt be even thinking about getting her back again in your life because you will never get the same feelings/happiness from her.... Go out and hook up some other girls...that will drive your attention away from her. But if you just sit at home and try to forgot about her like this then it will gonna take hell lot of time , especially if you see her somewhere around you....