Max Payne MOVIE!

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by scorps65, Oct 12, 2008.

1. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

I was sitting watching TV when i saw the TV spot trailer. I swear i jumped off my seat of excitement. The theatrical trailer looks so ravaging:

God this was a game of its time. I remember playing it when it came out; best graphics i've seen at the time and the bullet time was amazing. I went crazy for it. I think Mark Wahlberg was a good choice for Max Payne.

[​IMG]

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I watched the trailer couple of weeks back on the iPhone, the film definitely looks cool!

3. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

God i love that game, well both of them but i also saw the trailer a few weeks ago but what i don't understand is why was there some kind of evil angel of death flying around and all this weird horror stuff i don't remember that in the games, or is this a representation of his hallucination of the drug that he took????

4. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I'm gonna watch that movie saturday. :)

It appears that the director and Mark Wahlberg both haven't played the game, so hopefully they won't screw it up...

5. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

I'm stumped on this as well; i don't remember anything about angels but Max Payne 2 did contain dream-like morbid scenes pertaining his dead baby and wife. Like the part when Max had to walk a thin red line to get out of some dark room or when Max walked a never-ending hallways (that was creepy).
    That's a good point though Pimp, maybe it is the drugs.

Thats what we call here in America: Priceless ;)

6. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

Mark Wahlberg is a good choice when it comes to the looks of Max Payne but he just doesn't sound like the Max Payne that we all know and love especially the first game.

7. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

8. RHochstenbach

I've seen it in the cinema yesterday. The background information about Max is the same as in the game. However the story there doesn't match the one in the game. Also the killer of his wife is a different person there. The part with the angels and the drugs that where created by the company where Max's wife worked, don't match with the game. The game was just an action shooter with some nightmares in it.

If you like Action Thrillers, then this movie is good to be seen. But if you wanna see a movie about the game, then just leave it...

9. Anti-Trend

Actually, in the game Max does hallucinate, and his wife was killed because she worked for Aesir and found out too much. I haven't seen the movie, but that's right out of Max Payne 1 if you play it all the way through.

10. RHochstenbach

Yeah I'm starting to remember it. Played that game for a long time ago.

11. Anti-Trend

Me too, but I must've played through about 10 times. :O Now ask me about Max Payne 2, and I just draw a complete blank.