Medion Notebook LAN driver

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by zinge, Apr 13, 2007.

1. zinge

zinge Geek

Hi,

Just put XP on a medion and i dont have a LAN driver, as such i cannont connect it to the net to download the driver! and other dirvers

My computer is a Medion MD-98200 and originally came with vista on it. how do i find out what i need?

Cheers

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Download the chipset driver from Medion.co.uk (only the vista version is there). It is a self-extractor, so extract it to some location. Then go to device manager, rightclick on the list and choose Scan for Hardware changes. XP should recognise and use the Vista drivers, as these are all NT based.
    Otherwise you'll need to download Intel chipset 915 or 945 driver from intel.com. But try my first solution.

3. zinge

zinge Geek

Hi,

Thanks for the help my chipset is the 945GM model, i have sorted the chip set drive but that failed to find the ethernet LAN driver.

Sorted graphics

How do i find out what ethernet device i have?

Cheers

4. RHochstenbach

I just figured out that you can run the setup executables of each driver on the medion website. So try to run setup with the chipset driver, Wlan driver, modem driver and sound driver from the medion website.

5. zinge

zinge Geek

All but there now sound etc everything

Just the WLAN to go

managed to find most of the XP drivers need to search for the 2120 XP drivers on the medion site.

When i download the Vista driver it gives me 4 files athrusb, athxrusb (system files) and netathrusb, netathxrusb (setup information)

What do i do with these files, or is there a better source.

My device manager has not yet spotted the Wireless Adapter

Getting rather anoyed now

Cheers

Kit

6. RHochstenbach

If device manager hasn't spotted it yet, then go to Control panel > Add hardware. In the wizard, press Next. Select "Yes, I have already connected the hardware". and press Next. At the list, scroll completely down and doubleclick on "Add a new hardware device". Select "Install the hardware that I manually select from a list(advanced)". Doubleclick on Network Adapters. Click on Have Disk, and browse to the folder with the WLAN driver. Select one of the INF files and add it to the system. Now go to Device Manager and Rightclick on the list. Choose Scan for hardware changes, and it should then recognise the WLAN device.

7. zinge

zinge Geek

Thanks again Bud

In the end i called medion and found out that the wireless adapter was a atheron Ar5007ug - googled that had fun with the software

Sorted

Cheers

Kit