Michigan is Dying

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Swansen, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Its really messed up, we have the highest unemployment in the nation, and the numbers aren't really even that great of a representation of how bad it is. The unemployment offices are so overwhelmed with help requests that they can't even keep up. Of all the millions of requests (no lies) only about half the people have gotten anything back. Literally half the state is out of work. The world is in a bad place right now, but my view is SO skewed its not even funny. At least once a day, i think about just pickup up and leaving, its so bad, its scary. I just needed to get that off my shoulders.

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Problems like unemployment are a worldwide issue right now. That's all caused by important people who all make very stupid mistakes. You can see companies firing many of their employees and closing some of their locations to cover the expenses. Even large companies like Dell are doing this right now.

The only solution is to keep studying until it's easier to get a job again.

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

I wish it was that easy, just stay in school until things turn around, but everything about school is expensive, and if your not really working, it makes it impossible to go back and forth to school everyday, and consistently you work less... I have or had some money set aside for school, and there is this really dumb process it needs to go through before it makes it to the school's financial office. Well, apparently it didn't make it on time, and i just found out.... so i'm not taking classes this semester i guess, which is SUPER sweet...

4. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek