Microphone jack on sound card

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by RA, Oct 15, 2004.

1. RA

RA Geek Trainee

The problem: The 1/4" microphone jack on the Sound Blaster Creative Audigy Platinum sound card, in the front of my computer, won't work! It used to. Question: Would the fact that I tried to play a drum rhythm device ("Side-man"), through the microphone jack on the computer, cause the microphone jack to not work? The 1/4" jack for the headphones work, but not the jack for the microphone.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

go to control panel > sound and audio devices > audio tab

make sure that microphone is not muted.

3. Addis

Addis The King

Try installing new audio drivers for it.

4. RA

RA Geek Trainee

In the Audio tab, I clicked the first Volume button and the S/PDIF-In was muted. I unchecked it, but no change. In the second Volume button, "What You Hear" is selected and it has to be, or I don't "hear" anything. Thanks Sniper! That info may help me later.
    I thought about new drivers, but I'm having trouble at the CreativeLabs Web site. It seems that anything over 6 mos old isn't supported, but I'm going to try again. Thanks Addis!

5. RA

RA Geek Trainee

Addis, here's what I got from CreativeLabs: "Please set any installed pop-up blockers to allow pop-ups from this site in order to use the Auto Update service". HOW DO YOU DO THAT? Also, "ActiveX control failed to load! Please check browser security settings or ensure that you have administrator rights" Again, HOW DO YOU DO THAT? I'm alone, so I must have administrator rights. I checked Security Center (Windows) in the Control Panel, and got a prompt to check Virus Protectiion....I did, and Norton AntiVirus was All OK!

I WENT TO INTERNET OPTIONS (CONTROL PANEL). I ENABLED AUTOMATIC PROMPTING FOR ACTIVEX CONTROLS, ALSO I DISABLED USE POP-UP BLOCKER. I WAS ABLE TO DOWNLOAD AN UPDATE FOR THE DRIVERS. BUT THE MICROPHONE STILL WON'T WORK IN THE FRONT JACK! WELL, WE TRIED! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

6. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

7. Addis

Addis The King

Yea, I broke the habit and changed to bounty.. i mean firefox recently and its the only browser i use now. IE's just for my parents who are used to it.