Microphone problems

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Temporal, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Temporal

Temporal Geek Trainee

K, I have an audigy 2 zs. I also have a plantronics audio .90. My speakers work just fine, but my mic doesn't work... or umm maybe it does. When I run sound recorder I can't pick up anything, if i turn on winamp and play a song it records that... I'm not sure how that works, but if somebody could help me out, because I play Counter-strike a lot, and not having a microphone sucks.
    ~temporal~

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

go to the control panel > audio settings! I think you might need to enable an option there? I just checked mine, it has Microphone as the default input, but you might need to change it to "Line In" etc

3. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I got the same card with the same headset.

Firstly, make sure that your mic is plugged in the pink connector (right of the green one, which is the line out for your headphones).

Secondly, you gotta go in the eax console, click on the karaoke tab, make sure the "enable karaoke" box is checked. Then you gotta unmute the mic at the bottom right corner of the window. It's muted by default when you install the creative software. After that, you can uncheck the "enable karaoke" box.