Mobile Phone Advice Needed :)

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by matttibb, Jan 3, 2005.

1. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Right ive broke my nokia 7600. The lcd screen is cracked, dunno how i just left it on girlfriends bed, lol. I have about £150 to get a new one (pay as u go) and i woudn't mind some advice on a new phone to get. I know i won't get anything special with £150 but should get something reasonable.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I would go for the SE T610 or the T630 :) on pay as you go you are a bit limited as it can be very expensive.

I bought the T610 for £300 when it came out but returned it and got it on contract instead.

3. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Im borrowing my gf's old T610 while im decideing what to do. Good fone but hers is battered!

4. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I've heard the sharp gx10/20/30/i's are good but im not sure of the price. I got the SE z600 (model up from the t630) and its very user friendly but i dont think they sell them over here anymore.

5. Addis

Addis The King

The Sagem My-X2s good. Its a really good deal you even get some ringtones and a screen which you can see what your doing. And the bonus feature is the SMS facilities... lol

6. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

avoid the t630 like a plague.

I got it, and it is not what I expected.

It freezes like every thirty seconds, if you say, click the menu button too fast...

on O2 you get a stupid assed screensaver that takes up a 20th of the total memory, and you can't delete it, its ridiculous.

7. nirvana

nirvana Geek Trainee

well i just got an spv c500 it was £150 on pay as u go. wot can i say ? it is the best phone i have ever brought msn, windows media and a great camera (although its the same as the one on the E200.) i have added stuff such as beta player and of course worms world party! :p i have a 256mb mini sd in there since the 16mb card supplied is well naff. I would recomend this phone to any1 if your a business man or like me just want more than a phone. :good:

8. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

yeh I heard the c500 is a good phone, I've waiting for a new SE to come out I think its W800 or something has a radio, mp3, video player and more :)

though I'm still considering a PDA like phone like the o2 XDA mini.

9. nirvana

nirvana Geek Trainee

i actually find that the c500 video quility is much better than that of the tapvave zod 2 probley because the files dont have to be converted, i was disapointed in my zod i found that it was too basic and it definatly is more gaming device than a pda. Although i think the games and sound was impressive due to yamaha speakers and ATI graphics. ne1 eles got one what do u think of it?

10. peanut

peanut Geek Trainee

i have a nokia 6230 and i love it. mine cost a little more than £150 but i think its worth it. it has mp3 player, 1 migapixel camara with night mode, radio, bluetooth, records up to 4minutes of video. it comes with a headphones, 32mb mmc card (but will accept a 128mb or more not sure about that though) and it also has about 6mb of internal memory. ive bought a data cable aswell for mine cost about £5 from ebay there is loads of infomation on http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,48613,00.html