Mobile phone credit zapping scam.

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by DavidNW, Apr 14, 2006.

1. DavidNW

DavidNW Big Geek

Hello, everyone.

I have a Nokia 3410 on a pre-paid credit top up basis. A couple of months back, I had experiences of texts being sent to the phone. Now, I opened up one of these texts which contained a joke. The opening this text resulted in about £1.50 of my credit being zapped!

I have had further texts of this sort but will not open them for obvious reasons. However, I can't just delete them from my 'Inbox,' they have to be opened and then you get a delete option. Does anyone know how I could clear these texts off my phone without opening them?

Cheers,

Dave

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I'm not sure how to do that but if you could find out who they're coming from then you could get them cancelled.

3. DavidNW

DavidNW Big Geek

Yes, I can actually reply to the sent text & typing in something like 'Cancel this service.' 'Service Cancelled' will show up.

This stops any further texts being sent from that particular sender (it still zaps some of your credit, btw), but there are other senders of these texts to similarly deal with.

I think I'll just not open the texts until if & when I can find a solution.

Cheers,

Dave

4. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

I had something similar..an auction system.

Texting "STOP" (no quotes) fixed it...perhaps worth a try.