Monitoring Newbies.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Willz, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

I have honestly never seen any bad or weird posts.... So that said good job mod/admins

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

3. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Ive just realised the basis for what i was talking about allready exists on hwf :p

at the bottum of the forum index, under "Hardware Forums Statistics" is shows the name of the most recent account created...

all that would need to be done is add theese names to a list where they will stay until they have made there first post and 24 hours has passed since they posted! and then just make this viewable to members, with a link to there post...

and there we go, an easy for for members to help lookout for spamers! (or just welcome new users... lol)

[ot]
    This is my 999th post! :O
    [/ot]

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If spam started to become a real issue, we could just set things up so that an admin would need to approve a user before they would be given a registration okay. At worst, we end up with threads in the wrong section. If that's really all there is, I think we can live with that.

I'm just not comfortable with a guilty until proven innocent system, and unless we need to have some sort of queue, I don't think we will.