My Case, the pictures speak for themselves...

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by max12590, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Can't one of the Prometia models give you like -60 C temps?!

2. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yes, yes it can. But I might build a phase changer capable of much, much more.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Much much more! How much lower would you need it? That would be amazing. How much does a good Prometia model cost anyway?

4. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

around $850 for the cooler, another 80 for the AMD adapter.

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

thats insane, i mean MINUS temperatures, blimey, so ex u like arctic cooling then? lol this hsf is awesome, big but good, i wondered why my computer was running a little warm today and thought that my new cooling might not be working...but then it struck me that it is a REALLY hot day and its sucking in hot air to begin with so it wont be exactly cool.
    When it gets to a more average air temperature outside the case then i'll post some pics of the temps. My nb is now 3*C cooler (it was getting up to 55*C the other day and its like 52*C today (on a hot day, shud be a degree or so cooler on average day) But the CPU is currently running at 34*C and Case temp is 37*C a lil bit warm but it is a very hot day

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Nice dude, yeah I'm an Arcit Cooling fan for sure, though my cooler used to work better than it does now. I remember my temps were like around 30, now I get about 41* or so:( I don't understand it as I cleaned out the dust and everything, but I do have cables everywhere, though they were always their...*scratches head*

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

fan not spining as fast? bearings could be wearing out, although they shouldnt for a long time...hmm i aint sure, yeah i aint never gona get rid of the noise in my computer case, as its got holes all over it, i wonder if i use my old on whether it would be quieter? probably but i dont like that one, this new one kicks ass, cant wait to see temps on an average day, they should be in 20's for cpu temps and around 30*C for system, NB might drop a couple of degrees as i rethought out the placement of fans...
    i have one that sucks air in so its blown over nb, the cpu fan also sucks this air over the heatsink which is then blown out top into PSU and sucked out through another 120mm fan, then any remaining air that is at the top gets sucked out through an exhaust fan on top, (air can enter all over though as its covered in holes) :p

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hmmm, maybe my fan is running slow or something, I think it can go as low as 1200rpm or something but I'm also pretty sure it adjusts to compensate for heat build up and might go up to 2500rpm depending on the heat? I'm hoping as otherwise it's not going to help with ocing much will it. At least it's quiet:)
    As for the noise in your case try this: http://www.frozencpu.com/noi-02.html, I'd be intersted to see how much it help:good:

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah i seen stuff like that, thought bowt it, will it dampen the air noise as well? its not vibrations but the sound of the air moving around.

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I only know what it says on the page unfortunately, ProcalX would be the guy to talk to about this but he's off working in some far away land and doesn't have enough time for the forums:rolleyes:

11. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I've never had my computer boot cold, gotta let it warm up a little in room temp. I think you'll have a bunch of problems if you get your computer to go below freezing or even at freezing.

12. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

freezing isn't bad, below can prevent data from traveling across certain units of components

13. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Then how come they run some of the most adavenced computers in the world below freezing? A CPU will run at -140* C.

14. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

idk haha, but yeah they do, i heard of some using nitrogen

15. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea, there is an article somewhere about some guys in New Zealand submerging a computer in Flourinert with dry ice floating in it. Then they hooked up a water cooler to the cpu and put LN2 in the system. Got the CPU to -140* C. But the motherboard was so cold the fluid in the capacitors and battery froze and the system screwed up really bad. But it still ran. Very strange stuff. I'll find that article.

16. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

awesome, really look forward to reading it, yeah like I said in another thread of how ati managed to beat sli'ed 6800Ultras with an X800XT i think by havin it below freezing and overclocking it to get like 8000 on 3D'o5 i think, im not sure what the real number was

17. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Ok, here I have my temps. I got Motherboard Monitor so I didn't have to worry about that incompatable ABIT EQ.
    Idle (full fan speed): 36* C CPU/36* C Case/31* C PWM
    Load (full fan speed): 44* C CPU/44* C Case/35* C PWM
    Idle (2100 RPM): 36* CCPU/36* C Case/34* C PWM
    So as you can see that kinda surprised me. I think whats happening here is that the CPU is not generating enough heat to make the HSF work at full capacity. I think if I overclocked to say... 2.6-2.7 GHz I would see a difference in fan speeds. Either that or something is terribly wrong here. I think it also has to do with the fact that my HSF is in a tower configuration and it performs considerably better in a desktop configuration.

18. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

that's CPU. I will get a POST but no video signal if my card is cold.

19. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Hey that's not bad at all, for the OC. Heck so long as you're below 50* it's just fine anyway.

20. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

Yea, but I still think it should be lower. But the temps are comparble to the ones gotten in a review of this thing on The Crucible. It performs like 5* from a Danger Den water cooling setup.