My Gaming PC for 1400$

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by Fabio Prizio, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Fabio Prizio

Fabio Prizio Geek Trainee

Hello everybody, I'm going to buy my new computer in about one week or so and I've put up a configuration which is pretty nice in my opinion, but I think it would be a good idea to ask here what do you guys think about it.
    This gaming system is gonna cost me 1271€ (I live in Italy) which in dollars is like 1380$ (Checking on NewEgg).
    The components:
    Case - Antec Eleven Hundred
    MoBo - MSI Z77A-GD55
    RAM - DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Blue Low Profile CML8GX3M2A1600C9B 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) CL9
    CPU - Intel core i5-3570K
    GPU - MSI NVIDIA GTX670 OC
    PSU - Corsair AX-750
    SSD - Crucial M4 128GB
    Optical - LG-H22NS90
    CPU - Cooler ZALMAN CNPS11X - Extreme
    Fans - Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition Twin Pack - 120mm

Ok, now some clarifications:
    1) The video card is a reference one because on the online shop where I wanna order the parts the few non reference cards they have aren't really the best, plus it is easier to do SLI with reference cards, and I think I am going to do that in a non-too-distant future (that's it also why the PSU is 750W).
    2) The Hard Drive is missing because I don't need more than the space of the SSD because I already have another pc up and running (the one that I'm using right now) which I'm gonna keep for main storage.
    3) The two fans are there because the case doesn't come with front fans, so because is summer, and my room is hotter than hell, I believe that getting those two super-quiet and efficient fans will make a nice airflow in my pc (front fans are always good).
    4) I know the cooler is really expensive for the performance that it gives, but I found a nice deal on an italian shop online and it's gonna be much cheaper than normal, plus, i just wanna do a moderate overclocking up to a maximum frequency of 4 ghz.

I think that's pretty much it, I'm curious to read your opinions :)