Myspace coding

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by yorkkev28, Feb 16, 2007.

1. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Im looking at others people's Myspace and thinking now that my Myspace is crap. Thing is that some of me mates who don't know how to turn a PC on have amazing Myspace profiles.

Either HTML coding is easier than it looks or they are undercover computer geeks.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so i can put amazing photo's, video, and sound onto Myspace?

2. Addis

Addis The King

It's all just plain HTML or sometimes CSS, you can just copy and paste code from sites. That's what most people do.

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah people with no coding knowledge can make nice looking profiles with profile builders, theyy're web-based WYSIWYG editors and then people can just copy the code into their profile.

I hate myspace, I have one, I'm on there lots of the time but I can't remember the last time when it actually worked properly for me...

4. ambellina

ambellina Geek Trainee

yeah, there are a lot of tutorials on the web with that help you make basic css or html codes, and then there are a lot of generators that can make them a bit more advanced but usually they come with ads and labels in the corner of the pages. granted its usually not hard to remove them but sometimes in doing so it makes the rest of the code useless and people like me are too lazy to get figure out how to get around that.

myspace is very useful for keeping in contact with people, but i agree that some pages are just so obstrusive. and then those error messages 'myspace has encountered an unexpected error.' unexpected my foot >_>

5. blade

blade GEEK 2.0

:eek:fftopic: whoa! im lookin at your spedd results Matt555; how do u get such a fast connection!?! :eek:fftopic:

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

[ot]I'm at Uni running through the Uni network - in my flat our net connection runs through the Uni's servers - notice it was at 3am when no-one was using it, but yeah it's freakin' fast eh?! :p[/ot]