Need help about my laptop

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by singlemother, Feb 22, 2006.

1. singlemother

singlemother Geek Trainee

Hi im new to this,

I have tried my laptop out and when it has loaded and i put the cable in for the internet it keeps saying usb hub port has exceeded its limit and it tells me to re set up the port but i odnt know what im doing so i leave it ..

could anyone help me out .....

I dont even know if i have put this message in the right bit

well thanks for ur help

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Is the cable for the internet a USB cable or a PHONE cable?

If its a USB cable (connected to your modem) Are you plugging it stright into the laptop or are you plugging it into a hub? If you are using a it sounds like you have too many power-demanding devices plugged into it.... try plugging the modem stright in!

3. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

U r using Dial-up of Broadband........Internal or external modem?

4. singlemother

singlemother Geek Trainee

Hi thanks for getting back to me about my problem...

I only have 1 usb port for the internet as i have aol broardband and i have a port for the battery to be plugged in ....

i dont have any power demands i only have the 2......once it is set up and desk top has loaded i plug in the modem to the laptop and i usually dont have any problems ....

The modem sits ontop of a chair when i am on the internet if that helps ..im not really a computer wizz.....

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Was that working before? Which Modem you have? Is it working with you Desktop?

Is it getting charged by your Laptop or direct? Because if it is getting power from your laptop then look into the settings of your installed modem software. You will find power usb charging will probably under tools menu. Just put it on slow charging~!