need help choosing thermaltake armor cases. need a lot of help. Please!!!

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by majorkonig1337, Apr 22, 2007.

1. majorkonig1337

majorkonig1337 Geek Trainee

OK iam in a bit of a mess, actually a BIG one, i was just about to get the
    thermaltake armor from new egg, n today me n my friend were looking at cases at our local store n he mentioned the armor lcs (w built in liquid cooling), i didnt know about it cus i didnt see it on newegg, i just looked it up n it was pretty good n only about $100 more than the basic armor. I had a buncha questions before i get the lcs.

1) Is this built in liquid cooling better than the tuniq tower 120 cus i was
    gonna get that. (i know that tuniq tower is better than most liquid cooling systems, only a few really expensive ones like $200++ one are any good)

2) it says that i can also add dual vga liquid cooling, is that any good.

3) can the front dual 120mm fans be replaced, with red ones for example, cus iam going with a red theme. its not a big deal but it would be nice, i dont think the front led's would light up inside the case (like basic armor) cus of radiator, so no biggie.

4)this site xoxide.com , is it good, ofcource not as good as newegg but is it ok like good n reliable shipping etc, cus ebay had it for ~270 n other nearly 300. xoxide has it for 250 ($) n they have cheaper cold cathodes, ~ $3,

5) FInally , which should i choose, the lcs is within my price range, around september, iam getting a new system - q6700, 8800gtx, 680sli mobo etc. SO which should i choose.

I know the Q's n thread is big, but i realllllly need help choosing. Thanks a lot.

prod. site link - Armor LCS- VE2000BWS

online store link - Thermaltake Armor LCS - Liquid Cooled System - Black

2. majorkonig1337

any one!!!!!!!!!!! :-(

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well the LCS seems to be the winner here, but i'm not really a fan of built in water cooling set-ups, because sometimes you have to build your system around the water cooling set-up or it won't work efficiently. Granted it seems pretty up to date, so i don't think you should have any problems here. Yes, the front fans can be replaced, and you could replace the LED's to but you would have to solder them in. While the case looks like it can be upgrade to support and SLI or Crossfire type water cooled system, i don't think the current water cooling system would support it. So unless your happy with just your CPU being water cooled and not you graphics cards then you should be all peachy, otherwise i might just look at a normal case, or a do a lot of research and figure out what you want to do for a water cooled system, they can get very in depth.

4. majorkonig1337

yeah , i decided to get the normal armor case, n save up n get goos wc unit, like the exos2 or resarator2, itll be a bit more expensive, but will be better in the long run since they like support cup, dual vga,chipset, hdd n ram coolin - ;-)

5. majorkonig1337

Swansen ---

i see u have the gx2, i heard that the gx2 had a lot of bugs n compatibility problems, does it??? cus iam thinking of getting the 8950gx2 n was a little concerned about the problems withs gx2????????????????

6. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

ok, well thats a completely different field first off. When the drivers first came out for the GX2 they were pretty buggy and had some issues, but when i got around to getting a pair, most of that stuff was ironed out. So no, after a month or so, most of the bugs were worked out and i don't have any problems with them.

7. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

just thought about this, but i would wait on the whole two cores on one chip thing. There sweet and all, but they do get real hot. I would like to pick up a watercooling unit for it, but can't constitute the cost. That and Nvidia is working on a true Quad SLI setup. Theres four physical cards and four cores. One core to each card and they are all linked together. Thats something that i would invest in.

8. majorkonig1337

aight, thanks. I know about the heat problem, the main problem with the gx2's was the heat, after the bugs were fixed. I dont think u can use wc or custom cooling on the gx2, cus u'd have to open the setup to remove the stock coolers etc. Anyway, thanks.

9. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

no there are special cooling blocks that are made for the GX2's, there were kinda hard to come by, but now there about impossible. And yes there was also the spacer kits, but those are just silly.

10. majorkonig1337

i think i heard about those, silly indeed!! didnt know about the wc blocks. ANyway, ill keep u posted on what ive dont about my thingy, iam gettin the zalman 9700 for now, then save up n get a wc unit when i plan to oc.