Need help finding driver

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by RickG, Oct 21, 2005.

1. RickG

RickG Geek Trainee

Hi all I hope you can help I found an old vid. card and now I'm trying to find the driver for it. Its a STB Systems powergraph/32 its a PCI card and it has a date of 6/14/95 on it would li:mad: ke to find a 98 driver if there is one. Thanks Rick

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

The important thing is the chipset, not the manufacturer. You're more likely to find an appropriate driver if you concentrate on that. What kind of chipset does it have?

3. RickG

RickG Geek Trainee

4. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

This should do the trick :cool:

5. Anti-Trend

6. pelvis_3

My Bad

7. Anti-Trend

No problem, just those guys will get you hooked up with a lifetime supply of spam. :)

Oh yeah, by the way... the chipset for that video card is an S3 Trio32 - 732 with what looks like 4mb RAM.

8. RickG

RickG Geek Trainee

Hey thanks guys but I think the cards junk. I keep getting a (code 10) and it says the card would not start. But thanks for the help:good: :good:

9. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

*slightly off topic* Just a note about websites that DEMAND you to register...

Check www.bugmenot.com to see if there any login details (ive seen soem sites that give everyone the same username/password combo after registering)

And if that does'nt work, use a service such as www.mailinator.com (free) to create a temp email account, when you enter you email address into the website (the one that want to sapm you) put it as *whateveryouwant*@mailinator.com , once your done goto the mailinator site and enter the username you used, and you get the email/s!

hope this is usefull in some way :>

10. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

If you want to get the driver from the official S3 archive page, go to http://ranger.s3graphics.com/swlib/?license=accept

I recently got my hands on a similar old S3 trio AGP 8mb card. Very old!

What happened to S3 anyway? Didn't they produce a few good cards?

11. Anti-Trend

12. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

So the old S3 Trio 8 MB i've got was produced at their height of fame and considered a 'classic'. In that case, i'll take £50 for it! Only joking, I wouldn't even get £2 for it on eBay!

I think the graphics card market would be a better place if there were more competitors. I am sure there would be more breakthroughs in graphics technology as these companies try to maintain market share.
    Back in the day, we had a choice between ATi, nVidia, S3, Matrox and 3dfx. Now it's just ATi and nVidia

From reading that article, I gather S3 and Matrox are making a comeback in the high end user market. Has anyone tried out the new S3 chrome range?

13. pelvis_3

Well, S3 still have their Pro Savage DDR range of integrated chipsets for the basic user and Matrox have their Dual Head cards.
    So they're not completely out of the game yet, they just don't seem to care about ATi and nVidia dominance!