Need help with video card drivers

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by Driverperson, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Driverperson

Driverperson Geek Trainee

Sorry if this has been asked before but I really don't see how I could find an answer to this using the search button, so here goes.

First of all, my computer stats:
    Video card: Ati Radeon x1950
    OP: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5S-MX SE Rev x.xx
    Processor: 3,00 gigahertz Intel Pentium D
    RAM: 2048 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

So I play two video games: Rohan online and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Now the problem is, when I download the latest official Ati video card drivers, Cod:MW2 works fine, but when I play Rohan, my computer keeps automatically restarting every few minutes or hours. So I decided to uninstall the official drivers and get Omegadrivers instead - now Rohan is fine, never restarts, but when I open COD MW2, the letters are all gibberish and you can't read anything in the menu or in the HUD.

So basically I have problems with both drivers. What should I do in order to be able to play both games without having to reinstall different drivers constantly?

Thanks.

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Well, you will need the right driver, OR another Video card.. Let me look for you... Is this for 64 bit or 32 ? I think the driver you are looking for would be ATI Catalyst v.6.12..

3. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

Ghostman 1, thanks to you man. I hope the the thread starter comes back soon.