Nero problem

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Monkeydub, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Monkeydub

Monkeydub Geek Trainee

When i try and burn a dvd in nero i get a message saying:
    'Hardware acceleration is deactivated. Some capture devices may not work properly. You can activate hardware using the DirectX diagnostics tool.' I don't know how to access the diagnostics tool. But i did check the hardware acceleration option in Nero showtime and it made no difference. What can i do?
    Don't know whether this is linked to it but i get a run-time error when i try and burn dvd's in nero about half-way through and it stops burning my disc.

Rory

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Start>>Run>>type 'dxdiag'

that'll open up the diagnostics page, with a bunch of tests, which might help. I know how vague that is, but I'm tired :p

3. Monkeydub

Monkeydub Geek Trainee

Ok went into it dxdiag, could this be the problem?
    'The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.'
    I installed a NEC 3500a recently without any drivers as it was OEM...should i get the drivers for it?

4. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Yes, and make sure you have the latest video drivers.

5. Monkeydub

Monkeydub Geek Trainee

Are video drivers the firmware?...I've just upgraded that. The Runtime error, i mentioned before, that comes up is - "Program: C:\Program Files\Ahead\NeroVision\NeroVision.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

6. Monkeydub

Monkeydub Geek Trainee

OK sorted the 'Hardware acceleration problem by reinstalling my video drivers and Nero (just to be on the safe side). But i'm still getting the Runtime error half way through a DVD burn -

"Program: C:\Program Files\Ahead\NeroVision\NeroVision.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Any ideas?

Thanks, Rory