Network over power line adapters

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by sabashuali, Aug 30, 2009.

1. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Hi all, I cannot remember if I ever posted here... :confused:

Is anyone using these? Has anyone had any experiences with them?
    They look like they are the business but are they? To me that is the only feasible solution as I cannot afford to network my house and wireless is :swear: me right off! Also I have no budget for decent wireless gear.....

The idea is that you use adapters to access your router via your mains.

Any thought/input would be appreciated. :cool:

2. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

i've used them and my dad was all about them for a minute. I haven't had any trouble with them. However, the fastest unit i have seen is in the 200mpbs area. I know Belkin offers a gigabit unit, and its apparently very good as well, but i bet its pricey. With that, a set of these seem to run like 20-40$ which in my eye is fairly expensive. Anyways, thats my input.

3. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Thanks Swansen... :good:
    Excuse the ignorance but isn't 200Mbps enough? I am really not familliar with network speeds etc....

4. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Adapters installed and working a charm! If anyone is reading this thread, it is worth getting these. I bought a pair from eBay for £36 (RRP anywhere up to and over £100).
    Installation is minimal and the gizmo works out of the box.... I am so glad it worked out as it was by far the cheapest non-wireless option.... all that is left is to get another pair to connect the laptop in the kitchen and one to connect the PS2 in the bedroom.... :cool: