Network scanning

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by tich, Oct 5, 2006.

1. tich

tich Geek Trainee

Mornin` :D
    Quick question or two if I may.
    I have three computers all conected via a hub. Connected to one of the computers I have a Canon MP 360 Printer, Scanner, Copier. I can print from any of the other computers but can only scan from the computer that the printer is directly connected to. When I tried to scan from one of the remote (?) computers I get a message saying that there is no scanner connected:confused: Am I right in assuming that I should be able to scan from any of the computers? If so, what do I have to do in order to do so? Window xp on all three computers. Your help would be appreciated oh great one`s.
    Regards
    Tich

2. lcutliffe

lcutliffe Geek Trainee

Did you make sure you have the appropriate drivers/software for that particular machine installed on each computer? Sometimes those all in one printers ( I have a HP 2175 printer/copier/scanner) only like to use their own software and don't like the direct connection method. Thats the only thing I can think of as far as that goes.:)

3. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

You might be better off investing in a print server designed for use with multifunction printers. This way, any computer can use the printer without having the main PC on.