Networking Broadcasting issue

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by sandy8080, Mar 1, 2011.

1. sandy8080

sandy8080 Geek Trainee

The question with related two Networking.
    In my organization we have 24 port D-link Gigabyte switch in which two ports are connected with access point(Router) and one port is for Internet Lease line. The problem is we are getting lots of request time out. The rest is okay how to check broadcasting means to identify which computer is giving me trouble. Antivirus is loaded in almost all computer. There are some software through which I can detect that which Ip is giving me trouble. Please suggest some.
    Regards

2. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Microsoft has a network monitoring software that may help you with this. It can provide you with statistics on the network and I think help see if a computer is sending out a high amount of traffic. How to capture network traffic with Network Monitor This article talks about some of what you can do with it. I also did a search and found another application called NTOP which is another traffic monitor and is freeware under the GNU public license. It comes right up if you want to google it.