New Broadband...

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Matt555, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I've been looking at UK Online and for £60 you can buy a wireless router with the Internet package. I think we might be able to get 8MB Broadband because I entered our phone number and postcode and it gave us 3 options, 1MB, 2MB and 8MB, does this mean we live in an 8MB area? If so why can't BT supply us with a faster Internet connection (and a modem upgrade. Bah I hate BT)
    Damn 22Mb Broadband would be nice...

2. NJ

NJ Geek Trainee

Here a good uk supplier
    http://www.bulldogbroadband.com/index3.asp

up to 8meg connection the same price as BT i was gonna get it, but it would of taken up to two to four weeks to get it connected in my area.:(

should go and check it out:rolleyes:

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah I've checked them out already, I'm not sure...

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I've check on this page and it looks like where I live is covered.
    I wish I could make my mum understand (told her many times, she just says okay and walks off :swear: ) that we won't be paying anymore and will be online at a connection up to 16x faster than our current one.

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

My mum likes the look of the 2MB one for £15 a month, I think we'll end up going for that one with the wireless router, although I do have one question, I'm not sure if the router is just a router or if it's a modem as well, on one of the pages it says it's compatible with 1mbps, 2mbps and 8mbps internet connections so that leads me to believe it's a modem as well.

6. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

if it aint a modem aswell, they will provide you with one.

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I don't think so because it says you can either buy their Broadband modem for £30 or use your own one. I think the Router is a modem as well, I took a look at the technical spec of it, the higher model has 4 wired ports as well, good for my desktop computers.