New Build

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by namit, Mar 11, 2007.

1. namit

namit Geek Trainee

Hey all just building new computer and wondering for some expertise

NEC DVD±recorder AD-5170 IDE Black OEM
    Samsung SpinPoint T166 400GB SATA2
    NorthQ 4001AT, ATX 400W Silent, 120mm
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz Socket

Gigabyte GA-965GM-S2, G965, Socket-775,
    OR
    MSI 975X Platinum PowerUP Ed., I975X, Socket-775, ATX, GbLAN, ViiV, PCI-Ex16
    Corsair TWIN2X 6400C4 DDR2, 2048MB CL4, X 2
    In-Win J607 Midi Tower Black, Aluminium

MSI GeForce 7600GS 256MB DDR2, PCI-Express, 2xDVI-I/Tv-Out, Passive
    OR Gigabyte GeForce 7900GT 256MB GDDR3, PCI-Express,Dual-DVI-I, Zalman Cooler (but its 250 € more and not real gamer just need something to play CS and Batelfield)

Really my ownly questions here is where is better the MSI or Gigabyte?
    Or would you even pick one of them? And what else would you change on this list?

2. wompshmack

wompshmack Geek

Really, that system is complete overkill for what your using it for. My roomate runs an Athlon64 3000 with a gig of DDR333 and a geforce 7300, and he can run CSS at pretty close to full framerate on maxxed settings(That may be without HDR tho, I'm not sure). Anyway, just go with the cheaper solution on this one. If you don't you will seriously be kicking yourself when the DX10 cards hit a nice price break, and you wanna upgrade so soon. I feel like that should probably be happening soon. So for the moment, grab up that cheaper one, you'll love it, it should rock nicely, and by the time you decide to upgrade, you'll be glad you waited. Those are just my feelings on it. Good luck with it, sounds like a cool build.

3. namit

namit Geek Trainee

Sweet thanks for the help i have been recommended against gigabyte and msi and to go for ABIT now. There is to much to choose from.

4. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

I think ASUS and ABIT have been the two most consistently quality MoBo brands over the years, from what I've heard. Individual models from other brands may be better products here and there and for specific purposes but on average ASUS/ABIT seem to be most solid with least chance to disappoint you with a crappy or malfunctioning product. But this is just what I think I've heard other people say, I don't really have any personal experience.

5. namit

namit Geek Trainee

Final build speck any one think should go up or down with any of this?

Anyone?