New build

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by Bobby_pro, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Bobby_pro

Bobby_pro Geek Trainee

Been 4 years since I upgraded by PC. I think it's time to phase out my hardware and go for a new PC.
    Would it be a good idea to go for an all in one PC ? I might get a new system, tailored made for win 8.
    My usage is basic with occasional gaming, FIFA 13 :) Besides games, I want to take care of my work with Autocad and photoshop. Please suggest a system to care of my requirements..

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I would just build a new one, For the price of an all in one, you can build a super nice computer..Plus then you can have it your way..
    Windows 8 is OK, But won't be around long.... They all ready building/Making Windows 9...

3. zsde

zsde Geek Trainee

Agree, build a new PC. Don't target Win8. My opinion, M$ has another Vista on its hand that will only be sorted with the "Updated" release. Win7 with SP1 is stable and does everything you need for the forseeable future.
    Autocad and photoshop need lots of RAM so get yourself a Z77 board with an I5 Ivy proc and a 16GB memory kit, either 2 X 8GB or a 4 X 4GB. A B75 board should also serve you very nicely.

4. Jan Benedict

Jan Benedict Geek

Don't forget a decent GPU, to support photoshop 3D and rendering if you want.