new speaker not working,help

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by exwriter, Oct 7, 2005.

1. exwriter

exwriter Geek Trainee

I recently purchases new speaker from walmart. The name of the system
    is iconcept it is 1200 watt 5.1 sourround system. I wanted to get that surround sound but I don't hear anything.
    My computer is a compaq presario. I use window xp.

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

First you should make sure you have a 6 channel capable sound card.
    Second, if you do, you should make sure you have adjusted all the necessary options in your sound card's configuration.
    Third, if you are listening to music, don't expect to hear the music in 5.1 surround unless you sound card can effectively mix the 2 channel sound into 5.1 channel.
    Fourth, if you are watching DVD's and cannot hear it in 5.1, try changing the sound settings of your DVD decoder program.

exwriter likes this.
  3. exwriter

exwriter Geek Trainee

Thanks for the help I solve the problem. Only now I don't like the wires on the
    speakers thinking of getting wireless speakers if that possible. Also I don't like the way the speakers
    sound I guess it's true you get what you paid for. Anyway I am hoping I can
    find some better speakers on newegg my new favorite online store.

4. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Wireless speakers would cost a fair bit i'd imagine, but i have seen some cheap ones. You'd be better off getting your hands on a wireless audio/video transmitter and reciever of some sort!
    Besides, using a wireless system you would not get the Clarity or Fidelity of wired speakers and would eventually get some sort of interference.