New Speaker prob

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by proofreader, Jul 29, 2005.

1. proofreader

proofreader Geek Trainee

my old speakers died of old age......I purchased acer K2-B speakers(USB-powered)

the power light comes on.....but no sound comes out.....

I think my sound card is ...SB16 creative(its a very old machine).......

neither mp3's or online radio stations will make noise.....

I run 98SE......PII......with 128 ram.....system says .....this device is working properly......therefore I am a tad stuffed......cuz I dont know much about PC's.....

any suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated

ta much

2. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

there was only a usb connection? there should have been a speaker connection too for front setup if its a new pair

3. proofreader

proofreader Geek Trainee

yes....there was headphone type - jack connection which I plugged into the same place as my old speaker jack......and no noise is generated.....

tks

4. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

Have you tried putting a different pair of speakers into the same jack? It's difficult to tell if the problem is with the speakers or the computer so if you were to plug a known working pair of speakers into the computer and they didn't work then we'd have a better idea. Also plug the Acer speakers into another device (a Discman for example) and see if they produce any sound. If they do then we'll be pretty sure it's the computer and not the speakers which will narrow the search down a bit.

Oh, by the way....please don't....use ellipses instead....of full stops....it makes it sound....like you're about to....flip....and chop someone up....with....an axe....he....hehe...:stag: