Opinions on various games

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by harrack52, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

yeh, I mean soccer :) you should check out ISS, best soccer game you can buy, feels and plays better than fifa games, but like always each game has its good and bad points :)

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Right, but FIFA is so bad that ISS can only be better !

3. zeus

zeus out of date

4. Sniper

thanks zeus for the links :) both ISS and fifa are soccer/football games, in what sense do you think we cant compare them? just wondering, IMO ISS looks, plays and feels much better than fifa soccer games :)

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

what I need is an arcade type of soccer game. Kinda like the NHL series by ea sports. Ea sports didn't do that with their soccer game, at least it's not arcade enough for me !

6. Sniper

ISS does have a kinda arcade feel to it :) try it! i'm sure you will like it :)

7. Sniper

hmmm, the Fifa 2004, looks very cool, not out yet, but read some previews, and reports seem very good! some new good features, on the other hand ISS3 looks cool is well!

8. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I'd like to have a good soccer game but FIFA 2002 just sucked imo (maybe that's because I suck... :p ).

I'll buy a game very shortly and I'm not sure what to get but I think it might be LOTR. Any comments on that ?

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Haven't played it, so no comment.
    The only game I'll probably get in the near future is Half-Life 2. Here's hoping for a decent FPS game. UT and UT2003 are nowhere near the quality of their predecessors in terms of gameplay.

10. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

you're not getting Doom 3 ?

Doom 3 is the kinda' game I'll buy even if millions of people rate it 0/100.

I had so much fun playing the first two that I'll buy the third one, even if I have to pay $100 (cad that is :p)

I gotta say that ut2003 disappointed me. Unreal tournament was better.

I haven't played many pc games in the past months but MOHAA is probably the best game I've played, along with AvP2, even though the single player missions are very short

11. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Doom 3 isn't looking like it'll show up shortly, whereas HL2 is set to launch September 30 this year.

12. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

With all the hype about it I thought Doom 3 would come out this year. Looks like I'll have to wait !

In the meantime, I bought Delta Force - Black Hawk Down and it's very good.

It has both fast-paced and stealth types of missions.
    I was gonna' buy "Enter The Matrix" but went for BHD and I'm not disapointed.

13. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I hope that Doom 3 doesn't do a Duke Nukem Forever and never actually come out...they were trying to have it be the latest and greatest, so they have yet to finish it. At the rate they're going, my grandkids will be dead and buried by the time it hits the shelves.

14. zeus

zeus out of date

I used to be what could only be described as a pro at Delta Force!
    Delta Force 2 was my favourite, id go into the multiplayer games and storm them everytime :)
    Scores of 50kills and 3 deaths n stuff were quite regular.

I didnt get into Landwarrior, Task Force Dagger or Blackhawk Down quite as much..... but they are still really good games.
    They arn't quite as pollished as some games but if you ignore the graphics and criticism and give it some time you'll find you've just bought something which will easily match HL and doom.
    Delta Force 2 is the game.... its got no recoil, only 1 gun is worth using and the graphics are really bad, but its so damn good!