Overclockers UK

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by ProcalX, Nov 18, 2004.

1. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

I ordered an Abit AV8 3RD Eye from Overclockers along with a Winchest 3200+, 512mb Geil PC3200 and a Cooler Master Case..

everything arrived, but the Abit had the old bios version 11 shipped with it, which does not support the 90nm 939 Chips, so my processor does not work in it, or is not recognised.. so then i take it to a local shop so they can flash it for me with a 130nm 939 processor (which will work).. and they phone me the next day..

"O yeah, we don't have any of em so we cant do it.."

FFS! :swear:

So i bite the bullet and ring overclockers, after around 80 minutes of trying to get through i finally manage to, and the guy is VERY helpful and puts me on hold while he faxes his couriers Amtrak to get it collected that day on a 24 hour delivery.

So that day i am waiting...

waiting..

waiting..

Still f*cking waiting..

Anyway (this is tuesday)

Wednesday comes.. still not arrived..

Today.. still aint come to pick it up..

So i phoned amtrack.. they say we cant find any records anywhere from them, sorry..

So they didnt even fucking send the fax through..

so now tomorrow is friday.. so earliest it will be picked up tomorrow.. which means i wont get it back till late next week.. Which means i now do not have a pc.. which aint so much of a fuss.. however buying a FUCKING new pc and all this hassle over a bloody bios update.. for christ sake..

NOT F*CKING HAPPY

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

wow, that sucks.

3. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Ditto on that!!!

4. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Got it sorted, i rang them to say why the fuck aint it been picked up, they said fax had not gone through... so they resent it, i chased the couriers up about it till they confirmed they had received it..

I then ordered (another £86) motherboard (identical but with bios update) to arrive today, and told them that they should refund the money of ^^ the £86 incl delivery for the board i had jsut ordered...

Sure enough.. my board arrived today around 10am, and my non-working bios board was picked up..

I was unsure as to whether it had been updated with new bios.. as it still said V1.1 on board.. but as i opened it up the security tag that was arround the anti stat had been moved and everything was upside down (manuals e.t.c)

Which suggests someone has been at it.. ie fixing bios..

But i wont know for another hour atleast as i dont finish work for another 30 mins, take me 30 to get back..

30 to build.. then 30 to string my self off the ceiling or millions of hours of playnig wiv new systemm..

5. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I've also bought some stuff from OcUK, had to return a HD and MB as they were DOA! had to buy the HD and MB from my local shop, I did ask for a refund but they just sent replacements but I did end up using both to build a new computer for my cuz...

6. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Well i have been home around an hour, and the motherboard that they said they had flashed the bios on.. for it to work on me new CPU (Winchester)..

Does it work

F*CK DOES IT, im gonna F*CKING kill the next technical F*CK i speak to 2morrow, i've now spent an unecerssary £86, (which ill get refunded) and which i dont really have.. to turn out that the 2nd motherboard DOESNT F*CKING WORK.

I'm just going to send the lot back, CPU / Motherboard. keep memory and case.

F*CKING RIDICULOUS.

7. Darcadian V1

Darcadian V1 Big Geek

Lets not forget business's cannot be perfect. New employees must be hired and trained and this always causes problems. What happened really sucks but it should be expeted from any company from time to time. At least overclockers didnt ignore you like some companies would. Put yourself in their shoes and try to imagined how easily those problems could come about.
    Its the high street retailers that will F*uck you up. Like PC WORLD. There words to me when I complained about their service were and I quote "To be Honest we dont care we make over a million quid a day" now thats what I call Bullshit :mad: .

8. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Yeh but you see, i generally phone up even if i am in a bad mood and i am really nice to them, because i realise it's not his or her personal fault.

this forum is here for a reason, i do not care if they are busy, they are here to provide a service, and if it is as consistant at being slow and unorganised at this time of year then perhaps they need to think of a way of solving it instead of just leaving customers with a backlog of support problems and rma's e.t.c

I work at an engineering company, we have service / support, when we get busy we regularly employ people temporarily to work for 5 months before, over and after xmas if we are busy.

OcUK is one the biggest online UK retailers, and is one of the most popular.. to put it into perspective on their forums (where customers seek help from customers) i have never been on their forums from 8am - 11pm when there is less than 250 people on the forums at one time. The highest i have seen it was about 600-800 people 2 days straight continuously in the forums..

Now if i have to wait on average 43 Minutes before i get either picked up or hung up and its an 0870 number then its fucking ridiculous because thats a national rate number, which means i have already spent around about £30, £40 or £50 on the phone to them.

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I guess that means that OcUK are a bunch of wankers. ;)

10. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

'Bollocks'! :D

11. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Yes, however tomorrow my Bios chip is supposadely being shipped to me.. i know it will arrive as i have confirmation from Amtrak the couriers that it was picked up.. however i have my doubts that it will work.

Although dear to god i really hope it will. Really can't wait to start my new system up, aint gonna get grphx card till after xmas in sales. But i've got a few game to keep me going, and mainly i want to set my new 64bit up with Gentoo Linux for AMD64's :D be brill! Linux on 64 :p pwned!

and of course.. looking forward to getting Folding on it, 2 see how it performs.. :good:

12. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

PHAT, that's all I can say. I Pwn3d Harrack52 in just one day of folding with an AMD64 rig, which I'm building for somebody... I wish I had money for nice toys too :(

13. ianwarn

ianwarn Geek Trainee

OVERCLOCKERS R TWATS! I bought the soltek 85ERV3-L fro mthem, their site said it had 800fsb, manual said 533, so i got a lil comfused, look around on web and solteks site, it does only accept 533fsb, so i called up and said their info on site was wrong and he had the check to get snotty with me! He said well its has so and so chipset so it should, so i went well solteks site say it doesnt so i would rather go with what they say, so then he rushed me off phone saying wots ur order number i will give you a refund and an email will be sent to you follow what it says. I am still waiting for that email.....

14. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Overclockers are actually a fantastic retailer, their only problem is they are understaffed for the amount of orders they recieve.

As for your Soltek board, without being offensive, I would have thought anyone would have queried that factor with a sales representative or technician of OcUK over the phone, or at the very least merely believe the manual before anything else... Never "presume" anything is going to be what it is, always do your research.

15. Sir Bob

Sir Bob Geek Trainee

I haven't had any problems when ordering with OC, but ive only done it a few times, but i ordered a new case from Aria and the bloody thing was f*cked up!!
    My motherbaord wouldnt fit, and then it took what seemed like months to get it sorted, and i had to pay for the couriers to take it back!!

16. ianwarn

ianwarn Geek Trainee

yeh i have to admit i think i was a bit angry b4 lol, but now that i have got the returns number its all ok, apart from the fact u have to pay postage like u sed, so annoying, ah well my dad works in fowlers, can send it out with that :chk: