Overclocking the XBOX CPU!!!!

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Moobrack, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

I read a thread earlier this year about a few guys down london who got themselv es an XBOX and attempted to overclock its 733Mhz CPU!

I cant remember if the thread I read was on here but does anyone know if they have done yet?

Thanx

2. SETEO

SETEO Geek Trainee

LOL!!....man, some people would try and overclock their kettle if they got the chance!.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's really sad. I know it's a PC in consoles clothing, but still, that's pathetic...

4. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

Its not me trying to do it as I would not spend 500 quid on a console to take it apart and mess with its insides. I am asking if anybody knows whether the geeks have done it yet!

Happy New Year!

5. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I don't see a point in overclocking the X-BOX :p

6. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

I dont either, it is fast enough already. Still want to know though out of curiosity!

I know that they managed to increase the speed of data transfer from the CD rom inside, to the internal hard disk!

7. shibby

shibby Geek Trainee

i would definately not do that i paid so much money for it and im would not mess around with it trying to overclock it

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

If you want to overclock the X-Box, you can just buy an nForce 420 board and do the same thing, for a lot less money (nForce isn't quite the same as the X-Box, but it's pretty close---adopted for AMD chips)

9. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

why would u overclock a x-box I mean all games hafta run fine under the current cpu speed or the games wouldnt sell
    it will prob make games run to fast ;)