Ozzfest 07

Discussion in 'Concert Hall' started by Big B, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Anybody going/gone this year?

I'm going Tuesday (8/14). My g/f got some free tickets at Family Values down in Indy, and since I'm off that night, I can go. I'm gonna be tired afterwords (I get off at 8AM), but the drive should be pretty easy.

2. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

Yeah, i plan on going this year in Detroit.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

What I saw was pretty good. We got there at the end of Second Stage, so we heard a little Hatebreed before heading to the lawn section for the Main Stage.

Black Tide: Do you like screaming guitars? These guys were amazing. Both myself and the g/f liked these guys.
    Lordi: KISS+Finland+Halloween costumes. Musically, they're average, but they were fun to watch. I don't think I've seen anyone with that size of platforms in use.
    Static-X: Awesome performance. Wayne is the man.
    Lamb of God: I don't know what was up with these guys. The sound was really bad for them, which is a shame since they have some amazing guitar work. I'm not sure, but I wonder if their drummer was out since they never showed him on the screens the whole set.
    Ozzy: Old, almost as much drug use as Keith Richards, but he knows how to work a crowd. Zakk Wylde is a great showman as well. He played his guitar behind his head and with his teeth during a 10 minute plus guitar solo.

Quite enjoyable. I had to run my car through the wash because of all the dust kicked up in parking. :p