P.c Problem

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by nytroz, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nytroz

nytroz Geek Trainee

i have a p.c problem,anytime i use my p.c,after 5 minutes it turns off just like that and my p.c fan doesn't roll/work,
    this are the things i think might have been the problem,i downloaded speed fan,did some temperature shuffling,i downloaded c.cleaner(a registry cleaner,it erased a part of my anti virus and now my anti virus is turned off,but basically what i am concerned about is my fan not turning ,how can i fix this,should i re-install xp,or what ,I'm confused.please my p.c is my life.how can i make my p.c fan work please i need help
    i tried system restore,but the system restore program did not come up,i use xp on hp,what could be the problem.

2. edijs

edijs Programmer

1. Try to keep a cool head, although it's not easy
    2. can you rotate the fan with your hand (to see whether it's actually capable of rotating). If not - get a new fan, if yes - check the wiring to the motherboard - the connection might be loose.
    3. Which fan of all possible case fans is that anyway ? :D
    4. Some sad anti virus you got there if ccleaner recognized it as trash :D. I'd suggest you use Avira, Avast or AVG - all of them have freeware versions for home use.
    5. Reinstalling windows should be a habit and done at least once a year. So, if you haven't reinstalled it lately, do that.
    6. You can check the temps in BIOS. that's more reliable.
    7. is your pc a desktop or a laptop?

a whole load of unordered questions, but those need answers so we can see where we are.

3. nytroz

nytroz Geek Trainee

-i dont know but it is the one by the side and under

-how do i do that

-Laptop,hp compaq

4. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

No need to post twice.....

5. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.