P2P network

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Karanislove, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

I emailed Dave:

Could u please help me in setting up a Peer to peer network...Plzz

I have a patch Cable and Cat 5e Cable,
    Let me tell you what i have tried up until now.....
    1. I have one pc with two network cards Suppose its PC A and second with only one network card, suppose its PC B.
    2. So PC A is connected to the modem.... to the internet..
    3. I have setted the IP Address of second network card on PC A as 192.168.2.1 and IP address of PC B's network card as 192.168.2.2.
    4. I was able to ping from PC A. From PC B, ping function was working sporadically.
    5. Stopped firewall on both the machines.
    5. I dont have floppy drive on PC A so that i can run and copy that P2P network wizard and put it on another PC.
    6. Anything which i m missing , your help will be appreciated......

2. Karanislove

I dont know how to configure PC as a router :eek:hah:
    Help~!

3. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i may have being wrong about using a system as a router, although that how you do it in *nix, presumably your referring to XP or vista

BTW: as time goes by i remember less & less about XP, try searching wiki, as i don't feel comfortable advising about something i've not used, sorry[ot]i should have checked this thread before i PM'd you again[/ot]

4. Karanislove

I have searched on the net but cudnt find anything useful yet... They are says use that disk or so..... But i dont have a floppy drive :(

I did this peer to peer when i was in ma skul but i dnt know y m failing to do it now.