Parts for PIII rig

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by sabashuali, Jan 13, 2007.

1. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Hi all

Now that I have a spare case, I thought I will put together a really nice PIII system, maybe for my littlens maybe just to abuse.... possibilities are endless.
    I am bidding on a few items on eBay but the idea is not to spend any money at all. If you have any redundant items which can serve such a rig, i.e. motherboard, HDD, PCI cards such as ethernet and or sound, anything you can spare.

I want to build the system around a Socket 370 PIII 1Ghz or up.

Any (free) contributions will be greatfully welcomed!

Thanks for looking.

By the way, I live in Watford HERTS and have no problem collecting, as long as it is not in Luton or further. Hemmel (north) or London (south) will probably be my furthest.

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

i would suggest that you sign up for Freecycle, its a recycling group. if you have an item (say an old computer) you post it up, and if anyone wants it they claim it and come and collect it!

I have a 30GB Western Digital hard drive that was given to me, i haven't tested it yet but its yours if you want it after i have tested it to see if it works... i have the right boxes + foam to send them through the post in, but i imagine the postage would be at least £5.

3. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Thanks Impotence! That is really kind of you.
    I was actually after an HDD as I need to create an external drive to transfer stuff over while I cannot use my SATA drive (controller down :( ) and just for good house keeping.

Later on I can plant it into the PIII rig along side a 20GB drive which is showing imminent failure (so no OS on that one...) .... :eek:

I am a member of Freecycle in my area. So far I have contacted two people who were offering bits and pieces but they have more or less ignored me (WTF???).

Do you have a paypal account? If you are willing to do this, and I completely understand if you do not, find out how much the postage would be and I will transfer the money over. If the drive is in good nick I really do not mind paying a few bob for it.

Many thanks again! And they say that good will is no longer in our society... :cool:

P.S: You can PM me your details if you wish...

4. Impotence

I would prefer a postal order / bank transfer, as pay pal will charge me to move the money into my bank account... But i wont ask you to send the money for postage until I've sent it (so i know how much it was!)

Before you thank me, i still don't know if this drive works! (and i might not have the time to test it for a week or two).

5. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Hi

No rush at all... If I am paying, although it is just for the postage, I prefer to know that it left you in good working order.

I am in the parts gathering stage and there is still a long way to go.

Thanks again!

6. Impotence

no worries, will let you know when its been tested (or when you have most of your parts, if i still haven't let you know remind me!)

P.S the drive is actually labeled as 27.2GB, not 30GB. sorry! (My bad)

7. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Are you mad? :rolleyes:
    I am grateful you are willing to give me the drive to begin with....:cool:

8. Impotence

:mad: Slightly :mad: