PC Gaming: GTA:SA

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by herbjr, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

no, it will play DX9 games as well(XP) but its meant for DX10(vista)

2. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

I dont think i will be playing too many vista game so i dont think thats a big issue at the moment. I have already brought my case, lights, and fans. I think that the next thing i want to go for is the power supply and then the motherboard.

Now, i have no clue what kind of motherboard i should get so if you can refer me to a really good, but somewhat cheap one, then that would be great. Here is the power supply I will be buying:
    power1
    or
    power2

I was told that the 600w would be good, but so would having a bigger fan. So i'm kinda stuck here :).

3. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well if DX10 games won't be an issue, then i would say get my set-up for sure, all the links still work on page one. So, i'd suggest just getting everything i suggested earlier. Only, i just thought about that, instead of getting the power supply i suggested, a good unit to look for, thats reliable and fairly price is the OCZ powerstream 600w.

4. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

5. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

6. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

Ok, so how much memory can that motherboard hold? I wanna get it to the max so I NEVER have to worry about lag lmao.

7. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

hey, sorry for not getting back sooner, well actually the board supports 32gb, but windows XP only supports 4gb, and 4gb is a crap ton of memory

8. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

How much can Vista support?

9. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well its the exact same on Vista 32 bit version, which is a mathematical limit of all 32bit systems. On the 64bit version of Vista, i'm pretty sure its something like 128gb's

10. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

Wow. I might just go ahead and get the 64bit version. Actually, it would be difficult to have a computer with 4gb ram move slow. Wouldn't it?

11. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

it would be difficult to have a computer with 2gb of ram to move slowly

12. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

Haha. Well I think im gonna go with 4gb then.

I now have my case, my lights, and my fans + the controller should be here tomorrow. The next thing I wanna get is my motherboard and power supplies. Could you let me know which would be the best so I can go ahead and put them in the shopping cart so I'll be ready once I get the money?

Edited:
    Hey. I was also told by a friend that since I have slots for 5 hard drives, I should maybe get more then one so I can diversify my files, which would also help my pc's speed. Instead of having just one big Hard Drive.
    I also want two monitors, so I wanted to know how I could run two on the same system to display two different things you know :p?

13. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

well, you only need one video card to run two monitors, it would just be in the software for the video card. Well, getting two hard drives won't speed up you machine, it will only speed up the computer if the HDD's are in a RAID, or if the HDD with the OS installed on it is a higher than normal rpm hard drive.

14. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

15. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

I wouldn't, its not worth it, and your not going to be able to run DX10 games the way you want to, the only DX10 graphics cards from Nvidia i would get are the 8800 gtx and gts 640mb version. If you want to go ATI, i would get ether the Radeon HD 2900 1gb or 512 version.

16. herbjr

herbjr Geek Trainee

I just want to get the best for my pc. Lol. But um, can you give me a link to the ones you think is better? And if possible, a link to a really good motherboard that would support 4gb ram.