PC keeps resetting

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Willz, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hi

For the past 5 or 6 months i have had my 3700+ AMD 64 overclocked at 2.8ghz, it has been running fine, 100% stable, only about a couple of weeks ago i noticed that on Tomb raider legends my computer was randoly reseting, so i went into bios and upped the voltage to 1.47v and all was well again, that day was extreamly hot aswell.

Today i decided to pay SA-MP (GTA San Andreas Online mod), and the computer randomly reset again, the cpu was running at 2.8ghz, ram at 420mhz, after the computer reset, i entered the bios and changed the memory to 333mhz as i thought maybe the 20mhz overclock on the ram might be making the computer reset as i do have generic ram. When windows loaded up, i loaded up SA-MP again, and about 4 mins of gameplay and the computer reset again!. I was ot beggining to think that 2.8ghz overclock is getting too much for the CPU, so i entered the bios again, changed the fsb multiplier to 236mhz (2.6ghz), ram was at 333mhz. When windows loaded again i went to load SA-MP again, and guess what!, same thing happened!!!!. Ok so this time i thought i best loads stock voltage and stock clock, so now i am running at 2.2ghz and 1.4v and 400mhz memory (all stock), and when playing SA-MP, the computer reset again, i dont understand what could be causing it.

I have some other information below:

When windows loaded, i was greeted by this error message:

The system has recovered from a serious error

Error Signature:
    BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : F786ADE4 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
    BCP4 : EC0D3B03 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Technical information about the error report:Files included.
    C:\DOCUME~1\All\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4bf9.dir00\Mini070606-01.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\All\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER4bf9.dir00\sysdata.xml

Stuff running in computer:
    X800XT PE
    Hiper Type-R 580w (18a/20a on +12v rails)
    4 case fans, 1 round cathode for a fan, 1 cold cathode tube, 1 led bubble light, 1 lighting neon wire thing.

2. roy92

roy92 CSS HAXOR

is your cpu fan cleaned out now?

3. Willz

Yea, got an extreme amount of dust off, cpu temperature in bios after the reset when on SA-MP was 41 degrees.

4. LORD

LORD Geek Trainee

Its worth pulling out all the cables and cards and reseating them. If the inside of the case was dusty you might have a bad connection somewhere.

What does the event viewer say after the PC resets itself?

5. Willz

I took a screenie, i think thats the error, out of the 3 or 4 times the pc reset whilst playing SA-MP i only got one error message.

Attached Files:

6. LORD

LORD Geek Trainee

Here's a link to the microsoft website that includes a description of your possible problam (event 1003) and a fix (scroll down to event 1003). I dont really know what RPC is but it might be worth a try :)

Good luck!

Microsoft Corporation

7. Willz

it did not help :\, i am confused, is this a hardware problem or software? it seems like the reset occours on SA-MP after the first time i get killed :\

8. LORD

LORD Geek Trainee

Strange....
    Keep an eye on the event viewer, perhaps you will get a different event number at some point :eek:hah:

9. Willz

I got another system recoverd from a serious error, the code and everyhting was the same :\, i am hoping its just SA-MP as i am looking forward to playing PREY, and that will give the system a run for its money compared to GTA San Andreas.

10. Willz

Ok, i Have checked the memory timings, they were at somthing like 2.5T and at 400mhz, i have generic ram, so it should of been at 3T, anyway, i even tried with only what the computer needs to run, and still the computer reset, i am going to try my old graphics card next to see if it is the graphics card :(

11. someblackguy7130

someblackguy7130 Geek Trainee

think updating bios/chipset drivers wuld work?

12. Willz

Dont know how to update my bios drivers, and dont know if there is a new bios update.

13. donkey42

donkey42 plank

to update BIOS use this to identfy your BIOS, it can also tell you if a BIOS update is available and help you find one, alterativly go to Gigabyte's website and download the update, then go to your BIOS manufacturers website (probably AMI, Pheonix or Award) Pheonix & Award merged a few years ago but BIOS upgrades still available from Gigabyte

14. Willz

Ah ok, thankies

15. LORD

LORD Geek Trainee

Willz, does your PC reset only in GTA-SA?

16. Willz

No, i used this bios program from one of my other threads, and it reset on that, so i decided to try the same program in another windows xp instalation and it did not reset, so it seems like my problem is Software related and its Very Very Very Very Anoying, i have to re-install windows unless there is away to find out exatly what is causing the random resets. :dead: :smahd:.

I have never had a single xp instalation in use for over 60 days :spin: becouse of loads of annoying problems :spin:

17. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

waz the other windows installation on the same computer?

18. Willz

well yea, just on a different partition, i rekon it was a faulty instalation, i am using a slimline version now.

19. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

are you using windows vista beta edition or was that screen that u posted a theme?

20. Willz

the screen that i posted was a theme that was named, Vista XP.