PC keeps resetting

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Willz, Jul 6, 2006.

1. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

den u can definitely say its the installation, i wud just back the files up anf format the drive, i mean a full format and not a quick one and just install windows on it.

its betta to do a full format as everything is ersed rather that doing a quick one from which some things are still on the drive and will be overwritten.

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

When i re-install windows, i always reformat the partition before i install windows.

3. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

have u tried installing on a different Hard disk..i think theres a problem with ur Hard disk..

4. Willz

No, there aint a problem with my hard disk, well there maybe considering its too hot to even touch! but i dont have any problems now as far as i know, i wont mark the thread as solved as i do have a feeling i have some big problems to come.

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

What are the tempratures you are getting from your system? Because due to severe heat, you might end up with a dead PC.

6. JAY

JAY sCoRpiOn

i agree...does ur pc stil reset if it isnt overclocked?the components inside may get very heated due to overclocking..it may also damage some parts

7. Willz

my pc dont reset anymore as far as i know, my cpu is about 33degrees idle due to the heat, but i think the hard drive is heating stuff up, the western digital hdd is ok, it;s the samsung 160gb thats red hot.

8. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

[link=http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php]Download this software and see what is the temp of your HDD[/link]

9. Willz

both hard drives are 31 and 35 degrees, i can touch the one i can get to, but usually i cant, so i would say it gets to about 60 degrees.