PC Running at 20% its power

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Chapi, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Chapi

Chapi Geek Trainee

Few months ago I posted a thread here when my computer shat down it-self and never started again, after not finding any way to solve it I sent it to the warranty and after like month and a half they sent me it back with everything new (except GPU, PSU and hard drive).

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
    nVidea GTX550 tl
    8GB ram ddr3 kingston
    new motherboard MSI 880GMA-E35(FX)(MS-7641)
    300W PSU

The old motherboard was a msi NF725GM -P43

So basically they got me a better motherboard, a new processor (same model) and new RAM cards also same model, they GPU is the same one.
    The thing is that, before this my computer could basically run any game at max settings, now it barely runs at 20fps on low settings and lags a lot even outside games. It's kinda weird tho, I used to run BF3 at max settings fine with 40 fps now 15 fps on lowest settings but I run metro LL fine on recommended settings by nVidea.

(BTW I installed all new drivers and fresh installed the drivers I already had)

First thing I thought it was that the problem was that the new motherboard needed more power and the 300W weren't enough, so I tried with the 600W PSU I bought before sending the computer (cause I thought I might have fried the PSU) and the computer starts up fine but the thing is that when I open any game or any demanding program it simply shuts down, no blue screen or anything. I sent the PSU to the store and they checked it and it was fine..

I used a watts need calculator and my computer needs no more than 350-410W so I really don't know why it shuts down with the 600W PSU..

Anyone has any ideas what it could be?