photo's on hp deskjet 4160

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by splyke, Jun 30, 2008.

1. splyke

splyke Geek Trainee

Hello I have a D4160 HP printer. my wife recently got some of that 4x6 photo paper to print some of our thousands of digital photos.

We printed full pages fine, using the kodak software that came with the camera. I printed bordered and borderless.

When I changed the print area to 2x2 (6 pictures on a sheet) for some wallets it freaked out. First it started spitting out blank sheets. Then it printed out 1 good sheet, then it started printing out the sheets but like they were mis-aligned. They were offset on the page about 1/4" to the right(on the side that last comes out of the printer) and the pictures on the other end of the page were chopped off about a 1/4" (the end that first comes out of the printer.

so i called HP tech support, and after the full deal, checking for jams, checking the cartriges checking the rollers, reinstalling drivers, calling kodak, reinstalling kodak drivers and software

i still can't print the 2x2's. Also when I print the 4x6 pages now they are getting offset too. I've printed out normal pages on normal paper from Word and test pages and alignment pages and the works, and all those are fine.

So if anyone knows any solutions or tricks let me know.

thx

2. dumbNdesperate

dumbNdesperate Geek Trainee

I have an Hp 4140 and also use it with Kodak software. I too have issues with printing photos. Sometimes my photos come out full page (8 1/2 x 11)even tho I requested 4 x 6I have reached the conclusion that they (HP) only want you to use their software; however, I am not happy with their editing versus Kodak.
    Does yours automatically print out alignment pages everytime you turn it on and/or change cartridges? After wasting several sheets of photo paper and using my ink up, I have learned to pull the paper out of machine before I make any changes.
    There is a section where you can select whether or not you want margins. Have you checked this to make sure none are set? It's located in your browser.