PhysX PPU

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by roy92, Jun 9, 2006.

1. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

Yeah i'm with B, if it were 100 bucks or less, i would probably buy one, but with a 300 dollar price tag, might as well buy a high end graphics card. I guess right now only someone with a major expensive SLI rig who has nothing else to waste money on would want to actually buy a PPU. It's weird that there's no "mainstream" ppu such as with graphics cards. That might entice people. bah, screw it lol.:x:

2. roy92

roy92 CSS HAXOR

Yep, GFX cards can handle physics but not the same amount of the PPU

3. Addis

Addis The King

Have you got a link?

4. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

i dont know if i said this before, but why don ATi start making cards and Nvidia start making graphics card that dont have dual core, but have 1 GPU and 1PPU on the card, would be so much easyer than adding more stuff into a PCi slot.

5. Addis

Addis The King

I think its because of the bandwidth issues they'd have with both cores sharing the PCI-E x16 lane. Other than that it also might be the complexity of such a card, built to do two different things.

6. roy92

roy92 CSS HAXOR

read it in a mag. i'll even post the article if you want. they have been making dual core gpus, but with two cards connected to each other. Quad SLI ever heard of it? if not, check out slizone.com