Please review our new site http://www.techdrive.net

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by techdrivegirl, Nov 21, 2004.

1. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Always wanted to go and "camp n' tramp" New Zealand! Seen some amazing pictures of it's landscapes!But I never did get off the continent.
    :good: :D

2. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

:)

Start a new topic i think, as we are posting oblivious as to the intention of the poster.

3. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Loving the fact that if you goto Google, and type Tech Drive or TechDrive, you get the main website... without a proper description, then all the others are that of tracey spamming large computer support forums :D

None the less, as long as u keep in contact and dont just post 1 or 2 posts then leave because you have advertised..

4. techdrivegirl

techdrivegirl Geek Trainee

Yep - had to work hard to get near the top to protect our brand. And you get to see my learning curve of raising awareness on the web. I have also posted in many directories, list servs, online classifieds - all in attempts to 'figure out' online marketing and let tech folks know about the service.

Using a .net extension was our first choice because we wanted to create a network of tech resources - but many others used the techdrive name and were likely to get our initial traffic.

I still haven't figured out how to get google to show our proper description yet. We have the proper meta tags and description - but google is still showing the old content from when we just had a placeholder page up.

Still have alot of learning to do.....

And I will be sticking around!

Happy to report - Techmate number 100 just signed up. And one or two from this board as well. And some great feedback by pm and from other forums. We are working to make the changes techmates have requested - so the site is changing daily.

Tracey :)

5. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

When searching google, some results will not even work, as Google keeps an incredibly large "cache" ie.. if a website is put up on the net and someone searches google for: "www.mynewwebsite.com" google will merely return the results: www.mynewwebsite.com as a link so u click on it.. then google also follows it and saves the data of the website to its search engine..

If more peope search using different words or phrases to find your site, once the site is found google then adds these phrases and associates them with your website cache..

I have to say.. it would be expensive but an advert on the TV on 1 main channel in the US and in UK would really really boost numbers, just something really really simple.

Aim it at the family or Joe Average.

Or, pay for google search adds (on the right hand side) it will cost you a setup fee, then you pay like 1p per or 2$ per click.. u get from u being there..

6. techdrivegirl

techdrivegirl Geek Trainee

Thanks for the insights Procalx! You'll make a great Techmate :)

Tracey :)

7. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

you know what?

I think so to ;)