PNY Verto 7900GS @ HWF

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Nov 23, 2006.

1. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

That's almost exactly 150 BP.

But cards are probably cheaper over here than in the UK. (after converting currency, of course) Isn't nVidia an american company? And ATi is canadian/american (now that they've been taken over by AMD), so the stuff u guys get in Britain are imports whereas for us in the US they're home products or very nearly so. Products are more expensive for the importers than they are for the home market customers.

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Obviously coz they need to pay for the millions of $ they spend on the shipping, but it aint just coz they have to import them that there expensive, they would be allot cheaper over here if we did not have VAT, and Taxes and all that over here add cost to it, loads of unneccesery extra cost is added on in the uk.

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I know we've discussed this but in brief what is the VAT tax used for? Is it just like a rather inflated sales tax?

4. Willz

its called Value Added Tax, i am not sure what its for, but i think it goes to the goverman, funds all the crap, really, its just the publics money going into paying for asylum seekers to live here and crap like that.

5. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

I'm seeing it, seems a little steep to me. Perhaps you're other taxes are a little more mild in comparison?

6. Willz

Wel, i suppose so, if i could get rid of one tax, it would deffo be VAT :p

I mean, on overclockers.co.uk, there is an 8800GTX, its £384, which i think is cheap for an 8800GTX, but then, there is the VAT added onto this, and with the VAT, its £452, then add the P&P on top of that..., so i suppose thats why the prices in america seem so cheap compared to the uk, coz of the VAT the uk has, as if there was no VAT i rekon the prices in the uk wouldent be that much further away than in the usa.

7. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Man that's a tough one, too bad newegg doesn't ship to Europe, that'd have a ton of business.

8. Willz

Yea, someone should tell Newegg about the uk :p, but there proberbly not bothered, they are wealthy enough allready :p

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

The thing with shipping things over here is there's shipping tax on the value of the item at customs (if I remember correctly) and shipping costs form the US to the UK could be expensive so things might not end up that much cheaper, plus what if something goes wrong and you have to ship the item back to the US with your own money, and then it'd take more time and the only correspondance you'd have is an e-mail and possibly a phone number if you're lucky, it'd suck.

10. Willz

Yea but VAT still is not needed, other countried dont have it, and the some VAT does go to paying for stuff the goverment needs, like NHS, Asylum etc.