Poblem while playing MP3

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by johnmelvinm, Feb 6, 2002.

1. johnmelvinm

johnmelvinm Geek Trainee

Hi

I am having a Pentium III Machine with 128 MB RAM, 20 GB HDD, 815 Intel Chipset Motherboard..

Now whenever i play my MP3 Songs it starts and works fine,, but at an average interval of 7 min there is a break in the song,, as if there is some huge process going on the machine... but infact i dont even work on the machine..

Moreover this happens when i even click the start button,, so it is really pidding to hear to music when am working on the machine..

Please can someone suggest me a solution,,, or even i would be greatfull if someone can tell me about the problem in the machine..

Thanx

John Mendonca

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Man you are having a host of problems!:(

What, if anything have you done?

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

yeh, you are having a lot problems, you must have done something to start them all? Possibly a background anti-virus program, which scans all the time, and can slow the computer down allot. Plus you don't seem to have much ram, 128MB is ok, but for multi-tasking more is required, but it will depend on the OS.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I've run Norton on 9x and I didn't have these problems, but it has been over a year since I actively used 9x. If it's something like WinXP or 2k, the best fix is double your ram. If this is 9x, it could be time for a reinstall. But first, tell us what, if anything that you've tried.

5. SETEO

SETEO Geek Trainee

Mate all these probs....have you checked your chipset drivers?....might be worth a go.