Post Your Desktop!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Anti-Trend, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

Looking at someone's desktop is knowing that person a little better. Is it tidy, messy, really slick or bare minimalist? Post a screenshot of your desktop as it currently is, and let us all know you a bit more for it! :D

Attached Files:

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

You couldn't be more right.

Mine is mainly consisted of programming related files, along with backups of my usb drive (I'm a bit paranoid by that), and of course, the psd and png files of the actual desktop...

Attached Files:

3. RA

RA Geek Trainee

OK, here's mine

4. RA

RA Geek Trainee

oops! This geek traineee needs some help on sending screen shots, that is if anybody can play.;) I thought the Manage Attachments button would do the trick. How do you send the Thumbnail gizmo?

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Hit 'Print Screen'. Open Paint and hit [Ctrl]+V to paste it in. Save a jpeg, as you won't be able to upload the default .bmp file type on this board.

Do what you did with the Word doc above, but just upload that pic instead.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

And here's mine...scaled down to 800x600 from the typical 1280x960 I typically run.

Attached Files:

7. RA

RA Geek Trainee

Your instructions are great! Thanks a million. I hope I got it right.
    BINGO! It's unbelievable!

Attached Files:

8. RA

RA Geek Trainee

Looking at Anti-Trend's desktop, I'd have to say; that guy is one COOL DUDE! :)

If he'd seen my desktop, just before I joined the club, there would have been three more vertical rows of icons! What a mess! Huh? :( But, I got rid of some. Does that make me tidy? :)

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I guess it depends on how organized stuff is. I'm real picky about my desktop. I have stuff linked that I want on the bottom of it, and some other stuff in the quick launch bar.
    I can't stand to have stuff spread all over the place.

10. Addis

Addis The King

Heres mine. Some stuff i should delete or move but thats me! :D

Attached Files:

11. RA

RA Geek Trainee

Addis:You're more tidy than me!

Big B: I'm like you. I'm particular what's on the Quick Launch Bar, and how things are arranged at the bottom and at the top. My trouble is that I want it all in front of me, to save me the hassle of finding it in Programs, yet I don't use the programs very often. I guess Anti-Trend would call me an insecure, mixed up, "Geekie" sort of a kid! :)

12. Anti-Trend

Nice... OS-X Icons?

13. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

simple or what?

Attached Files:

14. Anti-Trend

Very simple! Reminds me of a zen garden. ;)

15. Addis

Addis The King

Thats a good idea. Doubling the width of your task bar to put more quick launch on. I'll do that once i get a new psu.

16. RA

RA Geek Trainee

OS-X icons on a PC? They wouldn't be compatable would they?

Thank you for starting that Desktop excercize. Big B made my day with his instructions on how to do it right. I appreciate the learning. Hope there'e more in the future.

17. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Yeah OS X Icons are compatible. Check out www.stardock.com and I'm sure you'll find something.

I had my whole rig set up like a Mac, but I got rid of it recently, as I fooked up some settings, and half the desktop went obscured.

18. Anti-Trend

Icons are really just pictures, so they can often be converted to a compatible format. Unix-like systems, such as Mac OS-X and Linux, have very flexible icon types. They can use icons of various formats and sizes, even huge and very detailed ones with transparency effects. Windows is much more limited, but many icons can still be converted to be compatible with it.

19. RA

RA Geek Trainee

I never thought about seeing if Mac stuff would work on a PC. I just assumed that it wouldn't. Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try.

20. RA

RA Geek Trainee

I just checked out iconx and stardock. I guess if you want to buy some icons, that's a place to do it? Now I know where to go for some icons! Thanks for the info.