Problem with FF cookies

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Crusha19, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Crusha19

Crusha19 Aspiring Poker Player

Until yesterday everything was fine, and then I decided to install a bunch of extentions. Now, I don't know if this is what caused the problem or not but now whenever I start FF I have to enable cookies again and when I close FF it forgets my choice. So now everytime it starts i have to enable cookies. Can someone tell me how to fix it so that FF will remember my choice? Thank you.

2. zeus

zeus out of date

Firefox continuously resets my bookmarks and search engines in the top right. Ive tried and tried to fix it but it keeps deleting them.

I dont now why I keep using it!

What extensions have you got installed? Ive only got Image Zoom and Down 'em All, uninstalling them didnt help, whether they are causing your problem I dont know.

3. Crusha19

Well i dont have any of those extentions but here is what i do have (see attatched)

Attached Files:

4. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

Is there any reason you have that MANY extensions installed? I'd weed out the ones you don't use and go from there.

5. Crusha19

well I uninstalled 3 or 4 and everything seems to work fine now. Will having too many extentions cause problems in FF?

6. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

Possibly, or it might be that one of them is interfering with another causing weird problems in FF.

7. Crusha19

ok thanks for your help

8. StimpE

StimpE lol, Internet!

Not a problem:)

9. Addis

Addis The King

Quite simply, you had Stealther installed. Its very likely that Stealther was removing your cookies and disabling on every shutdown.