prosb with dvd rw

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by littlesaj, Jul 27, 2004.

1. littlesaj

littlesaj Geek Trainee

i got a internal dvd writer last week i can play dvds and it can write cds but i have problems writing dvds, i have tried a lot of different programs but so far i cant seem to get anywhere, i finally got a program called super dvd recorder but that only writes 5% and then stops, it doesnt give any error it just stops on me, is there anything i could do to just make sure the writer is doing its job correctly?..

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Did you make sure the programs were all updated to the latest versions? Have you tried other DVD media?

3. littlesaj

littlesaj Geek Trainee

all the programs are up to date, i have tried dvd -rw and dvd +rw so far, im thinking of trying some others types of media and i have tried maxwell and maxtronic, i work in computers adn have asked a few people at work and noone can seem to figure it out,i am thinking of formatting my machine and then tryin to copy using windows to see if that works.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Check the IDE cable going to the drive, and make sure the connection at both ends is secure. You also might consider replacing the cable just to make sure, as bad cables make wierd stuff happen.